Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Joseph poem, a song for my love

We were younger,
I saw you - spirit eager and bright,
Your eyes danced, they were
Charming, smiling with love
For the One I worship,
Darting like flames,
Your joy was a robe,
Your spirit brought life to those whom surrounded you.
They were drawn by your laughter
And the strength of your faith,
And the width and greatness of your heart.

Generous, your hands were always reaching for the needy,
Compassionate on the poor,
I saw in your eyes you felt their pain,
They saw in you one who truely cared,
One who wanted to be their true friend,
A friend in their suffering to help them bear.

Strong with the power of conviction,
Certain of the outcome, counting on
The love of Christ,
Your faith was not to be trifled with.
Arrows to thier faces, you dispatched your enemies,
With cool efficiency.

The comming years saw the robe removed,
Your joy turned into tears and mourning,
Faith turned into multipied fears,
Doubt and sorrow.
The bow of faith broken,
Enemies have entered and destroyed all.

I believe the robe will yet be restored,
Like the prophet who predicts,
Sure of the outcome I declare it,
With double stubborn certainty.

Not in the same form but in Splendour,
In exceedingly greater measure,
Just as we see a greater robe around Joseph's shoulders,
After the 40 years are through.

Yes the archers have shot:
They have done grevious harm,
But God has a plan yet,
In His hands you will yet be the arrow that
Makes His enemies scatter.

As they have shot at you, and you were my shield,
So now I will be a wall for you and shield you in my arms,
As you healed my wounds and loved me through it all,
Let me heal your wounds,
Let me be all to you,
That you were to me and more.
A sheild impenetrable, a watchman and archer,
A defender and intercessor,
A friend and lover.

They will bow before you and confess
Trembling with fear,
That The Lord, your hope is your true blessing
The restorer of your fortunes.
The crown returned to your head,
A rod and sword in your hand to rule once again.

You are my hero love, you are my hero.
The one who rescued me.

No comments: