Friday, April 08, 2011

The value of waiting upon God - moulding, strengthening, faith building, hearing His voice Part 1

Ps 131:1

O Lord, my heart is not lifted up;
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.

2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

Be still and know that I am God,

This analogy came along as we were talking:

The inner heart of a man is like a rock cave with a small opening, the soul of the man is the water in the cave, when God speaks His voices comes from the opening of the cave, His word enters in, and reflects off the base water which is the soul of the man.

if the soul is disturbed - agitated, too much outside stimulus has come in, animals are playing in the pond - distractions and idolatries, the water is restless the soul is restless and so the man cannot hear the voice of the Spirit in his heart. The voice comes, but is lost in the din, the busyness of the waters makes the sound reflect badly off the rest of the cave. where the voice of God should be clear and resonant in the cave, the heart of the man.

Proverbs 4:23
"keep your heart with all dilligence for from it will flow the issues of life"

Ecclestes
5:1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil.

2 Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few.

3 For a dream comes with much business, and a fool's voice with many words.

I think in our day we have a very hard time reigning in our heart and submitting to the lordship and thoughts of the Holy Spirit especially in our day. We face stimulus, stimulus, stimulus.

Was was said to Joshua? Let the word of God be your Stimulus night and day so that it will give you power to do all I command you to do! and the result: success, nothing less than God born success, Victory the result. God given victory born from the working of the word of God and the Holy Spirit within the soul.

Matt 11:29

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

The Donkey (those disposed to inertia and unmotivated, procrastinators, stubborn) and the Stalion (rushing ahead, impulsive, strong, uncontrollable, nervous) must be yoked with Christ the Bull, who is effective and victorious in His working.

We should work when He works, stop when He stops and rest when He rests.

No comments: