Saturday, April 02, 2011

Joy and Peace

In my late teen years I used to be a melancholy soul. Quoting verses from Ecclestes about the hollowness of happiness, I used to think being happy was unspiritual. Vanity of Vanities, I certainly felt it - mildly depressed and severely serious about life and the world.

happiness was shallow and hollow minded emotion indeed some souls whom surrounded me in school looked the part - never thinking about the major issues - death, eternity, war, the savagery of human nature, they were happy. Not me, I was 'spiritual,' seeking, mildly suicidal and a sorry sight.

Now I know that there is no true spirituality like joy. Joy in God, contentment in circumstances and joy even in trials. A true test of Spirituality is can you keep joy in adversity? Can you rejoice in God even if you are all alone?

And! more than this:

There is no natural riches that can compare with the fruit of the transcending peace of God to know God holds you in the palm of His hand, is peace, confidence and true spirituality like no other.

Let this be my portion continually!

No comments: