Friday, April 01, 2011

Love and Hate - no two ways about it

Proverbs 8: 'The fear of the lord IS the hatred of evil.'

'No man can serve 2 masters. He will love one and dispise the other'

If i love Christ, I must hate everything that is not Christ and is opposed to Him. I must hate Satan and his kingdom and his world and his system and his ways. Because of my love for Christ, His Kingdom, His word, His world and His ways.

If i do not possess a strong hatred for evil - it only means my love and devotion to Christ is not commited and strong enough.

I must fall in love with Him He is holy and pure and good. I must experience what He says is good - Himself, His love.

Right and wrong and good and bad are so relative these days. Let Christ and His teaching be my standard of all that is good, let Him teach me in Himself and in His word what is Good and bad, what is pleasing and what will lead to death.

If i love Him who is good, the natural result is that I will turn around and Hate everthing that takes away from Him His glory and dominion and is opposed to Him, His values and His heart.

Does not a husband hate competitors for his wife's affection? does not his heart burn with hatred because of his love? Can we also feel this jealousy for God if He is jealous for us?

Psalms 139:21
Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?

Read the rest of psalm 139 it speaks of God's revelation to the Psalmist of The Father's inescapable love for Him. Do we possess that revelation?

A natural jealousy will possess me, a fire and passion for the husband whom I love!

Can we hate the world, temptation to sin, self sins and self glory? yes we can if we fall in love more with Christ - His glory, His holiness and desire to be pleasing to Him.

No comments: