Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The making of an arrow

saw myself on an operating table, cut open, and weapons being deposited in me, a sword before hands sewing me up and me feeling stronger than ever before... I am to be the weapon, God has given me weapons of war. Praise, Faith, wisdom and strength for the battle.

Zechariah 9:

13 For I have bent Judah as my bow;
I have made Ephraim its arrow.
I will stir up your sons, O Zion,
against your sons, O Greece,
and wield you like a warrior's sword.

14 Then the Lord will appear over them,
and his arrow will go forth like lightning;
the Lord God will sound the trumpet
and will march forth in the whirlwinds of the south.

Learnt in Deigsn and Technology Class in School (in 1996) about woodworking.

An arrow is made from sawn down tree which has to be dried in a kiln oven to make it hard and sturdy, this process is painstakingly done to make sure that the wood is straight and not warped.

moisture in the wood will cause it to sag later on or warp - bend - an arrow will not fly straight if it is warped. the aerodynamics of an arrow requires it to be extremely straight and strong.

It is this drying process that can take days if not months for the wet freshly cut wood is placed into ovens to dry and harden through evaporation. The heat in the brick oven causes moisture release. An uncomfortable hot and confined process for the arrow.

when ready, the arrow should be straight, hard and tough. It should not splinter upon impact but be able to drive a hardened iron point at its tip into the body of an assailant.

God fashions his own weapons - Which are his sons and daughters - "I have made ephraim my arrow". Our bodies are weapons of righteousness, it is imperative the body be kept strong in order to release the spiritual weapon within.

No comments: