Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thoughts on home and leaving.

The transformational thought process of someone who used to be attached to his land but now thinks otherwise.

Am reflecting on the topic of what really makes a place, home? ‘People’ that I love, is a common answer. To refine that idea, it is a common bond that people feel with one another in a certain place, to certain things they share in common deeply. I feel the bond strongest with people who think and feel the same and care about the same things which I care about.

If I then live in a place where everyone then only thinks for themselves, and there is no common interest in any common ground and resultantly, there is no common bond, then how then can I call that place home?

My home will be wherever I can find people who think and feel the same as I, who care about the same things I do.

Will we become like the Malaysian Chinese migrant, who not welcome and adversely treated in his own country has been spread abroad to find an acceptable living elsewhere? Where is home for these people? Will I be the same?

At this rate of change, I will find people of my own countrymen elsewhere who probably feel like I do about the same issues elsewhere, as they having taken this path of thinking earlier than I have and have already left.

No comments: