Saturday, October 26, 2013

I stood still

I stood still
As the crowds passed me

Tried to follow
But couldn't keep up the pace

Tried my best
But it never really fit

The clothes they gave me
Always looked dull
Nothing like the colours which I wanted to wear

Tight in the shirt and tight in the waist
Movement hindered
They felt more like restraints

Then I decided
Not to learn what they wanted teach

Because most of what they taught me
Was all, all wrong

But I found out
A bit too late

That they were the ones lost
In their choice drug
Infused haze

Not wanting any of that
I wondered "is there another way?"

Most kindly He stepped in,
Taught me to pray

"The path cuts upstream,
Against all currents.
But you need first to break through,
The pull of the tide."

"Are you up for this?
It's going to be one
Rough ride"

Frankly I trembled,
I was but a child,
I hardly understood
The words that He told

Deeply afraid
But His eyes were kind
So lovely, I said,

"Well, if you would walk with me,
Wherever I go,
If you would promise to lead me
And promise never to let go.
For your love is warm"

"Your hand comforting and kind
And never have I been treated with such kindness
In all of my life."

"Then My life and yours one shall be."

"And Yours shall be all my joys and sorrows
For all eternity."

No comments: