Tuesday, August 02, 2016

The End Game - Part 3

The end game (part 3)

Bad stuff #9 greater and intense persecution of all christians, resulting in the church overcoming, even through martyrdom 

Daniel 12:7 
and as soon as [h]they finish shattering the [i]power of the holy people, all these events will be completed.

Revelations 12:11
And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even [e]when faced with death.

Christians will be persecuted to death at the end, but they will overcome even if they were to give their lives and they will overcome because they have loved God and loved one another, even to the end.


The Laodician mirror - solutions

Interestingly, all the patterns mentioned above is mirrored in revelations 3- the letter to laodicean church, the last church in the set of 7. Solutions to the darkness engulfing us are given by John also as the antidote to the end times.

Common characteristics of the Laodicean church and the body of Christ today

1. Neither Hot Nor cold = apathetic, love has grown cold because of trials and difficulties (?) but has not left the faith. (Not totally cold and turned away from God, but yet not really alive either). This does not discount the fact that Jesus predicts many will fall away when the trials really start- it makes sense because the body of Christ is not fully alive therefore many will fall from faith because of the difficulties that come. (V15)

2. Wealth and comfort materially but actually living in spiritual poverty and spiritual blindness, cannot perceive or see what God is saying or doing. (V17)

Solutions prescribed by revelations 3

  • Buy gold refined in the fire - prioritise your faith if it should cost you everything, even painful firey trials which are normal- pay the price because faith, gold is precious and will save you in the end times, making one rich towards God.
  • White garments to clothe your nakedness and shame - prioritise purity of heart, die to self that we may see God, cut off the offending limbs by taking hold of and trusting Jesus cross to die to the flesh
  • Buy eye salve that you may see: prioritise the revelation of Jesus above all things, make a definite choice to prioritise the reading of the word daily and prayer, seek the revelation of Jesus to know His person His heart, His voice and love Daily. Daily live to hear His present voice to you.
  • V19 don't grow weary in trials but take them as a sign that you are being purified, take your pains and trials as a sign of His love, repent quickly to shorten the trial season. Rev 3: [19] Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. [20] Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 
  • Expect Him to communicate daily- seek His voice (we live by every word that he speaks day to day more than food) and act on His impulses as soon as you are able so you may experience greater intimacy with Jesus.
V19 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 


Revelation 3:14-22 NASB
[14] "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this: 

[15] 'I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 

16] So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. 

[17] Because you say, "I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 

[18] I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 

[19] Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 

[20] Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 

[21] He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 

[22] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"

No comments: