Sunday, January 30, 2011

mistakes

Realize that my understanding of who my wife is as a person presently in all likelihood is a faulty understanding. I have to scrap my previous assumptions about her and rebuild. Have to give more grace and space for her weaknesses. and see beyond these weaknesses to her strengths.

mistakes in my marriage:
1) trying to order my wife according to my own standards

2) being critical

3) using negative - punitive criticism as motivation instead of praise and positive motivation

4) not giving enough room and space for her to be herself

5) not accepting and appreciating her strengths

She constantly accuses me of not naturally loving and feeling for her, how can i when all i see are her weaknesses? only grace abounding to my own weaknesses can empower me to be good to her...

No comments: