Friday, June 10, 2011

The present season - need to break the poverty mentality

We are entering into a season of faith and purpose.

I am discovering that how blessed I am has nothing to do with my circumstances, my wealth that i hold, how much possessions I have, whether i pass my days in happiness and comfort or in pain. Neither is joy dependant on any of the above.

'I know how to abound and how to be abased in every circumstance how to be filled and hunger and suffer need: I can do all things (to glorifiy His name) through Christ who strengthens me!'

But one thing I do know: that I want to live a life not holding back but giving generously, not thinking about how little i have, but thanking God for the abundance He has given me through Christ, not holding close and dear my own life, but being richly blessed and endowed, loving as my Father gives serves and loves freely.

I refuse to only consder the mountain but not consider the God who moves mountains, not to only consider the little I have but not consider the abundant God who is generous, not to be small hearted and minded and afraid, not to be governed by fear, but faith in a mighty God.

Not only focusing on the suffering and loss of all things but focused and hoping in the mighty resurrection that is to come, counting all on the grace of God which prevails to His purpose which is the preaching of the gospel, the making of disciples, giving, serving, loving, sacrifice, healing, delivering, and converting sinners from the way of death.

Waiting, receiving and living in God's power, being strengthened to endure by His grace and prayer.

No comments: